Residents Corner

Vehicle Licenses
Dog Licenses | Alarm Permits | Voter Registration | Miscellaneous Phone Numbers  

Kenilworth Utility Forms

The Village of Kenilworth provides and bills for the following utilities:

  • Water

  • Sewer

If you are a current resident that is moving out of the Village, please fill out the Utility Stop Service form by clicking here.

If you are a new resident, please click here to fill out the Utility Start Service form.

If you are renting a home in Kenilworth, you must fill out the Renter Agreement Form. Click here to complete the form.

To learn about pricing and services, please view the 2014 Kenilworth Utility Reference Form by clicking here.

 Effective April 1, 2015, Republic Services will begin billing residents for refuse and recycling collection.  For more information, please click here.

Regulations for Construction & Loud Noise Hours

Our Village Code (135.02) prohibits activity that disturbs the peace and quiet in the Village before the hours of 7:00 a.m. and after 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, and Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and on Sundays absent an emergency. In addition, the restriction includes the holidays of New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. The Village Code authorizes Village Officials to request abatement of activity found to be disturbing the peace and quiet.  If the offender fails to comply, a citation may be issued.  Please refer to the Village Code for the full text of the public nuisances section.

Emerald Ash Borer

For information please visit: or

Vehicle Stickers

Stickers are due to be displayed on your vehicles on July 1st.  Vehicle sticker applications are mailed in late May by the Village to all households.  You may also download the printable application. 

Return to Top of Page

Dog Licenses

Dogs over four months old must be licensed.  Printable license applications can be downloaded and submitted to Village Hall.

A current rabies certificate and veterinarian's name, address and telephone number must be filled in together with the appropriate fee to be processed.  The fee for dog licenses is $30.00 renewable each year.  The license runs effective on a calendar year.

Return to Top of Page

Alarm Permits

Alarm permits are required annually. Alarm permit applications are available online through the Kenilworth Police Department website ( or through the Village's website at Forms.

Return to Top of Page

Voter Registration

Residents may register to vote at Village Hall during regular hours 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.  In order to register, one must be an U.S. citizen, 18 years of age or older before the next election and provide two forms of identification (one must have a current address).  Absentee registration forms are available to be picked up at Village Hall approximately four (4) weeks prior to a scheduled election. 

Return to Top of Page

Miscellaneous Telephone Numbers of Interest

Below is a listing of telephone numbers for other services you may need:

Electric Service: ComEd 1-800-334-7661
Power outages can be reported directly here.
Gas:  Nicor 1-888-642-6748




AT&T 1-800-244-4444
AT&T is only one of the companies in the area providing telephone services.


Call JULIE Before You Dig

Planning a home improvement job?  Planting a tree?  Installing a fence or deck?  WAIT!  Here's what you need to know first:  whether you are planning to do it yourself or hire a professional, smart digging means calling JULIE at 811 before each job.  Homeowners often make risky assumptions about whether or not they should get their utility lines marked, but every digging job requires a call - even small projects like planting trees and shrubs.

Call JULIE at 811 at least 48 hours or two business days prior to digging, tell the operator where you're planning to dig, what type of work you'll be doing, and your affected local utilities companies will be notified about your intent to dig.  Within that 48 hours or two business days, they'll send a locator to mark the approximate location of your underground lines, pipes, and cables, so you'll know what's below - and be able to dig safely.

This is a FREE service and calling 811 before digging is the law.   

Return to Top of Page